Thread: Lenspen SensorKlear II

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thumbs up Lenspen SensorKlear II

I discovered that my GH2 came back from Panasonic service with a fingerprint on the sensor (). Rather than send it back again to get it cleaned, I ordered a SensorKlear II from B&H (~$12). I think all of the Lenspen products are basically the same thing, but the form factor is different. The SensorKlear tips are not too big, and have a triangularish shape so that you can get them into the corners of the sensor. The II model has an articulation point which can bend if you're using it with a sensor loupe to watch what you're doing. I didn't think that a loupe was necessary, since I could easily see the print. The tip of the pen is a soft pad that's got some sort of carbon compound on it. I cleaned the sensor by blowing it well with a rocket blower, blowing off the tip of the SensorKlear, and then wiping with tip across the fingerprint and the rest of the sensor. Then I put the cap back on the pen and gave it a couple of twists to renew the stuff on the tip and repeated, followed by a final blowing. Whatever the stuff on the tip is, it definitely soaks up fingerprint oil very well. A couple of test snaps of a uniform surface at f/22 shows that the pen worked nicely; there were a couple of very slight shadows of what are probably dust spots, but I can usually find those on any of my 4/3 cameras if I look. The "before" test showed the fingerprint even around f/8-f/11, so I'm happy.

Living in a boat on the San Francisco Bay
    Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: Lenspen SensorKlear II

Thanks for sharing that, is something I'd not try on my own without someone else's attempt to give me the confidence to try.
    Hope you get some sort of apology or compensation from Panasonic.
    E-1 (!), e-410, e-510, 9-18 14-42, 40-150, 50 macro, ex-25, 12-60 swd, 70-300, FL-36r, Velbon 443 boom tripod, Redged RTA-320 mini tripod.
    http://technopeasant.org