Thread: HRD babe in the woods (punny)

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default HRD babe in the woods (punny)

I freely admit that I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to HRD. I do know that there are some I like looking at and some that don't really do anything for me. But to expand my experience with photography as an art form I have been experimenting with it. Since I don't have access to Photoshop at this time (or Elements) I'm using the shareware program called Luminance HRD to create the HRD image and then editing them in Gimp.

I know that HRD isn't something that's everyone's cup of tea but how do people feel about these?

Oh, before you look at EXIF data, it won't really be there, these three were shot using an OM lens and adapter so it may not be there.
    E-500, 70-300mm, 35mm macro, 40-150mm

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Re: HRD babe in the woods (punny)

First off, I think you mean HDR, not HRD which would be a government department in Canada.

Secondly, I think that the images are very good, I'd like to see them a little larger, like 800x600 to get to see some more detail, but they appear to be quite nice as they are. I have tried HDR without much success, anyone who can pull it off and create a pleasing image deserves credit.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________ ​
    ​John Nicklin

e3, ZD 11-22, ZD 12-60, Sigma 70-200, EC14, FL50R, 5DMkIII, 24-105 L, 70-200 f4 L, RB67, OM1, B&J 8x10, 5DIII, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f4 L, 100D.
    www.jnicklin.ca | flicker | SmugMug | Blog

Thanks
    Feedback Score

One of the goofier things about Luminance is that it doesn't seem to deal with image resizing like any other program I've used. It also wants to save things as if for the web, which is fine for our uses here, but a bit annoying over all. It also seems to be next to impossible to recreate an image exactly at a larger size.
    E-500, 70-300mm, 35mm macro, 40-150mm

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by photo_house78 View Post
    One of the goofier things about Luminance is that it doesn't seem to deal with image resizing like any other program I've used. It also wants to save things as if for the web, which is fine for our uses here, but a bit annoying over all. It also seems to be next to impossible to recreate an image exactly at a larger size.
    Strange behaviour for a photographer's tool. The up-sized image does look better though. Maybe just a little more brightness would bring out more of the detail you have worked to capture.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________ ​
    ​John Nicklin

e3, ZD 11-22, ZD 12-60, Sigma 70-200, EC14, FL50R, 5DMkIII, 24-105 L, 70-200 f4 L, RB67, OM1, B&J 8x10, 5DIII, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f4 L, 100D.
    www.jnicklin.ca | flicker | SmugMug | Blog