Thread: Greetings from Barcelona, Spain

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Greetings from Barcelona, Spain

Hello!

my name is Raúl, I am in my middle 30's, pharmacist, and I live in Barcelona, Spain. I use to go to Roda de Barà (Tarragona, Spain) on weekends. It is a beautiful small village in the coast of Tarragona, famous for an ancient roman arc that we have. I have lots of hobbies in my life, and photography is one of them. Some other interests I have are astronomy, scuba diving, music (I try to play the violin ONLY when I'm alone at home) and many others.

I am an amatuer photographer and I need to learn a lot to polish my skills, so here I am, willing to learn from you and willing to share my photos with you. I discovered digital photography in 2004, when I recieved as a present a Kodak CX-something point-and-shoot compact camera. It had a 2.0 megapixel sensor... whooouuuuu... Looking backwards it's amazing how the tecnology has evoluted. Few years later, in the 2008 I performed the jump to DSLR photography and I felt in love with Olympus, th 4/3 E-system, and the small E-410. Those days it was a beautiful dslr, with life view mode, ultrasonic sensor cleaning, the ziuko lenses, the prettiest image colors... Olympus offered me what other brands couldn't.

Nowadays, I own the following equipment:

-OM-10 + 50 1.4 OM + 24 2.8 OM (these are recent adquisitions)

-E-410 + grip
    -E-3 + grip

-ZD 8 mm 3.5 fisheye
    -ZD 11-22 2.8 mm
    -ZD 14-54 2.8 mm
    -ZD 50 mm 2.0 macro
    -ZD 50-200 2.8 mm
    -ZD 7-14 4.0
    -ZD 35-100 2.0
    -ZD 150 2.0

-EC-1.4
    -EX-25
    -FL-36 & FL50R

-Sigma 150 mm 2.8 macro

-Blazzeo wireless transmitters for Strobist
    -Blazzeo reflectors...
    -Starblitz Newtonian reflector telescope 900mm/114 with equatorial mount. I am starting with astrophotography, it is very complex!!!

The E-410, 11-22, 14-54 and 50 mm macro are my underwater equipment. I need to buy a couple of Inon Z540 flashes... but I need cash!! Underwater equipment is very expensive and requieres lots of training and skills (and good material) to achieve acceptable results. Not yet for me!!

Well, I dont know what else to tell you right now. Whatever you may want to know just ask me ok? :-)

thank you very much,
    Raúl
    (my grammar it's a bit rusty! I encourage you to please correct any error. I think that this forum is also a great chance for me to practice and improve my english)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Mike Crosa

Default Re: Greetings from Barcelona, Spain

Welcome Raul, I look forward to seeing some pictures of your beautiful city.
    Mike C
    Enjoying the sun and ocean in Miami

Olympus OMD EM1, EPL1, 17mm, 45mm, 60mm macro, 75-300mm, Rokinon Fish Eye, lens cap lens, Fl-36 flash, Think Tank 30I bag

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Keith Hatfull

+1 on the welcome Raúl. As a newcomer myself I can tell you the folks here are quite nice, helpful, and entertaining.

And please, some pics from your beautiful country!
    Cameras: E-M1 Mk1
    Lenses: Oly 12-40 PRO / Oly 60 Macro / Sigma 300/4 APO Tele Macro / 50-200 SWD
    Converters: EX-25
    Flashes: FL-50

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Fernando

HelloRaul.We aretwo Spanishhere.Your presentationin this new forumfor usis the best.
    regards