Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grass is not always greener on the other side

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up Re: Still testing the different pastures

Quote Originally Posted by geigs View Post
    I shoot an E-3 mostly with the 12-60 and 50-200. Often i'll use the EC-14. I've lugged this around most of North America and a good chunk of Australia and I have never regretted having this setup, with the exception of a few times in Yellowstone when I wished I had the EC-20 as well. I've been through rain, snow, dust, extremes of heat and cold and almost 100k shots later I am still clicking happily. I've played with other systems (not mine, friends) that cover a wide range of Canikon but have never been tempted to buy in. The affordable glass is crap compared to Oly, and the good stuff is way too expensive. I liked the 5DIII with L glass, great setup, but a massive cost.

The next camera I buy will be either an E5 or its successor. I don't really care that much about whether in 5 or 10 years Oly won't be making 4/3 bodies any more, the kit I have will well and truly have paid for itself over the years. Do I occasionally wish for more ISO? Yes. But really the camera has never stopped me from getting a shot, most of the time it is all on me and my lack of skills that I mess things up.

Here's some pics from my recent honeymoon trip around the US National Parks, all with E3 and HG glass. All shot as JPEGs (another reason I love Olympus). I printed some of these up to about 20" and they looked, to my eye, fabulous.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10457...961?banner=pwa
    +1
    Steven R
    Tampa, Florida

E-330, E-520, E-3

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Still testing the different pastures

Quote Originally Posted by geigs View Post
    I shoot an E-3 mostly with the 12-60 and 50-200. Often i'll use the EC-14. I've lugged this around most of North America and a good chunk of Australia and I have never regretted having this setup, with the exception of a few times in Yellowstone when I wished I had the EC-20 as well. I've been through rain, snow, dust, extremes of heat and cold and almost 100k shots later I am still clicking happily. I've played with other systems (not mine, friends) that cover a wide range of Canikon but have never been tempted to buy in. The affordable glass is crap compared to Oly, and the good stuff is way too expensive. I liked the 5DIII with L glass, great setup, but a massive cost.

The next camera I buy will be either an E5 or its successor. I don't really care that much about whether in 5 or 10 years Oly won't be making 4/3 bodies any more, the kit I have will well and truly have paid for itself over the years. Do I occasionally wish for more ISO? Yes. But really the camera has never stopped me from getting a shot, most of the time it is all on me and my lack of skills that I mess things up.

Here's some pics from my recent honeymoon trip around the US National Parks, all with E3 and HG glass. All shot as JPEGs (another reason I love Olympus). I printed some of these up to about 20" and they looked, to my eye, fabulous.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10457...961?banner=pwa
    Great shots, fantastic clarity and color.