Thread: the number of not for sale lenses on the buy and sell page..

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default the number of not for sale lenses on the buy and sell page..

I bought the E-1, 8mm, fisheye & 25mm, , here, on the buy and sell page,, age few years ago, and at that time there were -7-14mm,, 11-22m, and others for sale, regularly, the page is now really scant, so,.. those who have the lenses they want, are satisified?,,and not selling, ?,,I have an E-5, and the OMD, but where are the wide angles, are people holding onto those, which is good, but because they are using them?

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default Re: the number of not for sale lenses on the buy and sell page..

Frankly, there are other higher traffic sites that let you post FS items for free.
    February Photos
    March photos

Comments/criticisms are just my personal opinion and are meant to be constructive. Please feel free to do the same for me.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Real Name
    Don

Default Re: the number of not for sale lenses on the buy and sell page..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Frankly, there are other higher traffic sites that let you post FS items for free.
    And what sites are they Mike ?

I'm casually shopping for another E-5 and can't find one anywhere else...

BTW - $10/month to sell is pretty reasonable....

Cheers, Don
    From E-510/E-30/E-3/E-5 to Nikon D7100 and now D7200/D800/D500
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography
    Birds and other stuff

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Default Lenses not for sale on the buy and sell page

I think when Olympus made an announcement in early February that they'd have a new DSLR by the end of the year then all of the stronger hold-outs decided to keep their Olympus gear and wait to see what will be released. Until that time people had been jumping ship, selling their gear and bringing down the prices for used Olympus lenses. Those folks with little faith and less foresight have made their beds and must lay in them. They may regret it when they see the new E-x, E-xx or E-xxx.

The people wanting to sell now are few. I'm keeping my assortment of wide angle lenses. I have the 8 mm FE, 7-14, 11-22, 14-54 and 14-35. They cover all of my needs for UWA and WA photography. There is a bit of redundancy there but they all have different applications for my work.
    Dave in So Cal

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Lenses not for sale on the buy and sell page

This is the only 4/3 and m4/3 website that requires you to pay for a buy/sell listing. So yeah, no wonder its a bit dead. All 4/3 sites are not doing too well, but there is a gigantic m4/3 forum where you can also post listings (for free), seeing how most of the more expensive lenses are bought by m4/3 video people anyway it kind of works out OK.

Also, the interest in 4/3 items is super low. I ended up selling my 50-200mm on ebay. Very little interest, most of it at prices that are a joke. In the end I ended up selling it at a price where I have to wonder if it was worth selling it at all, when you factor in paypal fees, ebay listing fees, ebay completion fees, and the work that went into creating the listing, packing it, taking it to the post.
    Olympus E-M1 Mk II
    7.5mm f/2.0 - 17mm f/1.2 - 56mm f/1.4 - 9-18mm - 14-150mm II

Thanks
    Feedback Score

This was also the only site just for 4/3rds. I have had trouble trying to find a Bigma, ebay prices for those are reasonable.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Keith Hatfull

Quote Originally Posted by whaleshark View Post
    I think when Olympus made an announcement in early February that they'd have a new DSLR by the end of the year then all of the stronger hold-outs decided to keep their Olympus gear and wait to see what will be released. Until that time people had been jumping ship, selling their gear and bringing down the prices for used Olympus lenses. Those folks with little faith and less foresight have made their beds and must lay in them. They may regret it when they see the new E-x, E-xx or E-xxx.
    This is precisely why I'm coming back when I am, now. While not much is for sale, prices are very good. I lost faith and I'm sorry I did. I had the kit I really, REALLY liked...fortunately I'll be ok financially coming back from Pentax.
    Cameras: E-M1 Mk1
    Lenses: Oly 12-40 PRO / Oly 60 Macro / Sigma 300/4 APO Tele Macro / 50-200 SWD
    Converters: EX-25
    Flashes: FL-50

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

There was a huge exodus of Olympus owners and I think that has ended for the most part. I love my lenses and have taken a wait and see attitude regarding a new body. I really don't want to change systems, but if Olympus does not come out with a new DSLR, I will probably take a big loss whenever I do decide to make a switch. I've sold a few things here and I don't think the listing fees are unreasonable, especially compared to someplace like ebay.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Real Name
    Clint

I'm in limbo with my 4/3 gear...not quite sure what to do with it...If someone convinces me (offers me a decent price) to sell any of my 4/3 gear, I probably would...I've tasted the water of m4/3, and like it...but I'm also partially interested in seeing what olympus will come out this summer that will work with my 7-14, 8, 12-60, 50 and 50-200. If someone offered me $3500 for all that and my E-5 I'd probably take it and jump in with both feet to m4/3...but I doubt that I'd get an offer like that.
    Clint
    Rockin' it Mirrorless Style
    Olympus EM-1, E-PM2, LX-7, S110
    7.5, 12-32, 12-40, 14-42, 20, 25, 45, 75
    Asahi 35 2, SMC Super Tak 135 2.5, Super Tak 200 4
    HLD-7, FL-600r, FL-36r, FL-36, Cactus V5 Duo (x2)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I was one of the last 4/3rds holdouts to liquidate. I wanted smaller, lighter equipment and the mirrorless m4/3 just doesn't do it for me. Obviously Canikon pro gear wasn't the answer either, and I went in a much different direction than most. I've sold all of my big bulky bags too, and my kit is now physically less than half the size it was when I had my e3/e5 kit and lenses.

I was fortunate in that I got pretty good resale out of all of my equipment; most of it sold at my asking price, but it didn't sell nearly as quickly as 4/3rds would have a year or two ago. I think that the opinions above are right on... those of us who were going to bail out did, and those who are hanging on to their gear are hanging onto it.

Oh... and Whaleshark... my new bed is QUITE comfy, thank you!
    My Models Portfolio My Weddings Portfolio

Current Equipment: Olympus E10, Leica M9P, Leica M8, Leica M4-P, 28, 35, 50, 75, 90, 135 lenses
    Equipment Emeritus: E20n, E1 w/SHLD-2, e520 kit, FL-40, FL-50, E3 w/HLD-4, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 30 f/1.4, Olympus 25 f/2.8 pancake, 50 f/2 macro, EX-25, PL 25 f/1.4, 14-54, FL-36, 50-200,Panny DMC-L1, Leica 14-50IS, Olympus E5 w/HLD-4, 11-22, 18-180, 35-100, FL-50r, SHV-01 power pack, FL-BK01 bracket