Thread: Sweet E-M5 reunion

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Default Sweet E-M5 reunion

Since I got the D800E, the OM-D mainly stays in the closet since for casual snaps I carry the RX-100. But I went to the Descanso Gardens with the wife today and took the OM-D since I knew I would take a lot of pictures in bright sun and didn't want to deal with the RX-100 LCD, which though very very good is still a rear LCD. So out came the OM-D with the Panny X 14-42 pancake. I had forgotten what an absolute gem of a camera it is. As they say, a great time was had by all!
    ODM
    ----------------
    Recent photos: http://www.ahfairley.com/gallery/index.html
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=fad9c02a1f
    E-10, E-M5, 20mm, PZ 14-42mm

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Sweet E-M5 reunion

That is a problem with having to much kit - something gets left out ...
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Sweet E-PL5 reunion

Quote Originally Posted by olddigiman View Post
    Since I got the D800E, the OM-D mainly stays in the closet since for casual snaps I carry the RX-100. But I went to the Descanso Gardens with the wife today and took the OM-D since I knew I would take a lot of pictures in bright sun and didn't want to deal with the RX-100 LCD, which though very very good is still a rear LCD. So out came the OM-D with the Panny X 14-42 pancake. I had forgotten what an absolute gem of a camera it is. As they say, a great time was had by all!
    I just had a similar experience. I have been using my Panasonic LX7 a lot; it's a gem of a camera. My E-PL5 was feeling lonely. A couple of days ago I took out my E-PL5 with the PanaLeica 25mm f/1.4 and did some thoughtful shooting. My goodness, I had forgotten just how good that combination is! The E-PL5 + 25mm images have a richness and depth that the LX7, as good as it is, cannot hope to match. I'll be taking my E-PL5 along with me more often.
    Regards,

Jim Pilcher
    Summit County, Colorado, USA