Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on is it real?

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Come on is it real?

If I look close at this. You know it could be a hack job. Look at the OM-D letters, they look milled out. The O on Olympus and O in OM-D don't look alike to me. The camera cover looks like rubber and holes in it upper right side. The rubber where the grip and camera meet don't even line up? What do you think? Tell me I am wrong.
    http://www.thephoblographer.com/wp-c...ps6791a14b.png

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Re: Come on is it real?

Looks like high quality artificial fruit. You know the plastic kind. Yeah it does not look right to me. Is that a screen shot from the video? But if it focuses my glass i wont complain.
    Mike

I have color vision deficiency so let me know if I screw it up...

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

That image that you referenced is a still from the initial Engadget leaked video, and it has been identified by some sources as a pre-production model, and not the final one. The latest laked photos of the M-1 are of a much more refined camera and apparently is the final model that will be introduced on September 10th.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-jX9K4DZ-L.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	46467  
    Steven R
    Tampa, Florida

E-330, E-520, E-3

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The "M" is also a different font.

The label "E-M1" also looks strange to me on these second two photos. It appears to be on a part which is at a 45 degree angle and it appears to be upside down when viewed from the front of the camera. It does appear right when viewing the top of the camera from the back (as held by the photographer). I would have thought it should appear correct when viewed from the front of the camera, like the other text on the front of the camera.
    Lawrence

All of the images I post are open for critique. Feel free to modify one of my images if it helps the critique.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lkeeney View Post
    The "M" is also a different font.

The label "E-M1" also looks strange to me on these second two photos. It appears to be on a part which is at a 45 degree angle and it appears to be upside down when viewed from the front of the camera. It does appear right when viewing the top of the camera from the back (as held by the photographer). I would have thought it should appear correct when viewed from the front of the camera, like the other text on the front of the camera.
    It's exactly the same as they've done with the E-M5.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dhazeghi View Post
    It's exactly the same as they've done with the E-M5.
    This is a nice looking camera. I think I will talk my wife into buying it for me for Christmas. From everything I read I guess I have to give up on waiting for the E-7.
    Lawrence

All of the images I post are open for critique. Feel free to modify one of my images if it helps the critique.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I think I wont upgrade this time around.
    E-5 will do it for me.
    If in next 3-5 years I end up collecting the m4/3 set of lenses (7-14, 25, 45, 75) I might end up buying the successor, but this time around Im all set with what I have.

It will be interesting to monitor situation in camera technology from distance and keep on using what works for me (E-1, E-5, EPL-5 and various lenses).
    Cameras:E-5; E-3; E-1; E-620; GH-1
    Lens: 12-60mm 50mm f/2; 50-200swd; Ex-25; 70-300; 40-150mkI; 35mm f/3.5; 25mm f/2.8; 14-140 u43
    Lights: Fl36Rx2; Fl50R; FL50; Elinchrom 2x400ws radio controlled.

Click on the image to see my Facebook page
    And while you are at it, Like it if you like it

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Now that looks more like the real thing.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Oh yes - this is real. The reason the first photos looks so bad, is because they were taken from a video. And I suspect they used an early sample in that video (possibly a prototype).

Why can I say it's real? When there are leaked so many high quality photos of a model; that model is released shortly after. I think it is a planned and willed marketing strategy ...

The E-M1 looks like it is going to be a very good camera.
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    If I look close at this. You know it could be a hack job. Look at the OM-D letters, they look milled out. The O on Olympus and O in OM-D don't look alike to me. The camera cover looks like rubber and holes in it upper right side. The rubber where the grip and camera meet don't even line up? What do you think? Tell me I am wrong.
    http://www.thephoblographer.com/wp-c...ps6791a14b.png
    thats a single frame taken from rather low quality, low bit rate video
    the actual textures are the same as E5 on the prism housing and the rubber of the grip

i dont believe its a prototype or anything like that
    its a production copy just as will be handed out to review sites everywhere
    Riley

Olympus User, Pro Photographer since 2003

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Well I have since seen more pictures and with no doubt I am seeing a new camera. The first one, maybe a prototype? But at that to me it looks like something someone cooked up. I really have high hopes that Olympus offers something the 4/3rd faithful can finally hang their hats on.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    Well I have since seen more pictures and with no doubt I am seeing a new camera. The first one, maybe a prototype? But at that to me it looks like something someone cooked up. I really have high hopes that Olympus offers something the 4/3rd faithful can finally hang their hats on.
    And this one is it. According to the rumor site 43rumors, it focuses 4/3 glass as fast, or faster, than the E-5. The handling with large 4/3 glass is also good, according to the same rumors.
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Hey, and it even has a film rewind knob... how cool is that!
    My Models Portfolio My Weddings Portfolio

Current Equipment: Olympus E10, Leica M9P, Leica M8, Leica M4-P, 28, 35, 50, 75, 90, 135 lenses
    Equipment Emeritus: E20n, E1 w/SHLD-2, e520 kit, FL-40, FL-50, E3 w/HLD-4, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 30 f/1.4, Olympus 25 f/2.8 pancake, 50 f/2 macro, EX-25, PL 25 f/1.4, 14-54, FL-36, 50-200,Panny DMC-L1, Leica 14-50IS, Olympus E5 w/HLD-4, 11-22, 18-180, 35-100, FL-50r, SHV-01 power pack, FL-BK01 bracket

Thanks
    Feedback Score

This one definitely looks nice and I am planning of buying one soon. Just a little skeptical about the battery used in it. I think a separate battery will make the deal good. I bought batteries from here.
    Last edited by LibbyShepard; 09-05-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Roberts View Post
    New lens too?
    Yup. And it looks very nice - a 12-40mm f/2.8

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I would love to have one of these, but I still haven't paid down my last GAS attack
    ODM
    ----------------
    Recent photos: http://www.ahfairley.com/gallery/index.html
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=fad9c02a1f
    E-10, E-M5, 20mm, PZ 14-42mm

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by olddigiman View Post
    I would love to have one of these, but I still haven't paid down my last GAS attack
    I am not buying much this year; but will probably spend too much GAS money next summer. I am undecided between keeping my 4/3 glass and going for the E-M1 (and buy a used 50-200mm), or buy a cheaper body and buy the Panasonic 12-35mm (and probably the 35-100mm) ...

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's missing one small thing which I will miss ... it's the same thing missing on my GXR, E-PL1, and most other digital cameras, but not the Leica X2 or M9 (or the Panasonic L1, or E-1, or E-5): When I glance down at the top of the camera, there is no indication of shutter speed or aperture setting. I have to roll the camera forward and have the Quick Menu display up on the LCD panel to see those settings.

But I will buy one of these two cameras ... the E-M1 or GX7. It will probably be the E-M1 for its support of the FT SLR lenses: the ZD 11-22 and 35 Macro are basically about 80% of what I love in FourThirds format lenses. I'll likely add the 17/1.8, 25/1.4, and 42/1.2 eventually, the latter only if the Nokton 40/1.4 doesn't work as well on the sensor. Longer lenses: adapt from my Leica R stuff.

G

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    It's missing one small thing which I will miss ... it's the same thing missing on my GXR, E-PL1, and most other digital cameras, but not the Leica X2 or M9 (or the Panasonic L1, or E-1, or E-5): When I glance down at the top of the camera, there is no indication of shutter speed or aperture setting. I have to roll the camera forward and have the Quick Menu display up on the LCD panel to see those settings.

But I will buy one of these two cameras ... the E-M1 or GX7. It will probably be the E-M1 for its support of the FT SLR lenses: the ZD 11-22 and 35 Macro are basically about 80% of what I love in FourThirds format lenses. I'll likely add the 17/1.8, 25/1.4, and 42/1.2 eventually, the latter only if the Nokton 40/1.4 doesn't work as well on the sensor. Longer lenses: adapt from my Leica R stuff.

G
    just to add a few more complications that come into play
    I had heard the G6 will have a multi aspect sensor like GH2 from EOSHD

and not sure you know Metabones Speedbooster (you probably do) have a model for m43rds using Leica R,
    and more important for me Contax (C/Y) lenses
    made more relevant with focus peaking

interesting times
    Riley

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post

and not sure you know Metabones Speedbooster (you probably do) have a model for m43rds using Leica R,
    and more important for me Contax (C/Y) lenses
    made more relevant with focus peaking

interesting times
    - On-chip supported PDAF is more useful to me than a multi-aspect sensor.

- I've not really seen the point of the Metabones Speedbooster mount adapter for my needs. I have excellent Olympus lenses in focal lengths down to 11mm, why should I introduce another optical element when using my Leica R lenses to make them appear to be a shorter focal length? I consider the Leica R lenses to be my long-lens kit for FourThirds format.

The question is somewhat rhetorical, but I do wonder why people use these sorts of things.

G

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

I did miss the LCD top for quite a long time. But now that I have an EVF that gives me all the info I need, I don't miss it as much.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I borrowed the G6 for a few weeks, and found that the sensor is not identical to the one in GH2. It has lost the multi-aspect feature, but the IQ is better, 1/3 to 2/3 EV better performance at high ISO and better rendering of blue skies. Not at GH3 level, but a noticable improvement compared to GH2 and G3.

edit: I am OK with that choice as I found the the multi-aspect sensor is not as usable as it sounds in the marketing material (I had the GH2 for over a year). I found that I ended up in shooting 4:3 and cropped to other formats whenever I felt like it. If 2:3 is your prefered aspect ratio, thne I guess the multi-aspect sensor makes more sense. I am not; the 4:3 format is one of the reasons I got into the 4/3 and -4/3 systems.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I prefer 3:2 since i tried it out. Much easier to leave out unwanted elements from composition.
    Cameras:E-5; E-3; E-1; E-620; GH-1
    Lens: 12-60mm 50mm f/2; 50-200swd; Ex-25; 70-300; 40-150mkI; 35mm f/3.5; 25mm f/2.8; 14-140 u43
    Lights: Fl36Rx2; Fl50R; FL50; Elinchrom 2x400ws radio controlled.

Click on the image to see my Facebook page
    And while you are at it, Like it if you like it

Thanks
    Feedback Score

- On-chip supported PDAF is more useful to me than a multi-aspect sensor.

- I've not really seen the point of the Metabones Speedbooster mount adapter for my needs. I have excellent Olympus lenses in focal lengths down to 11mm, why should I introduce another optical element when using my Leica R lenses to make them appear to be a shorter focal length? I consider the Leica R lenses to be my long-lens kit for FourThirds format.

The question is somewhat rhetorical, but I do wonder why people use these sorts of things.

G
    if, (and I guess we are yet to find out if this is a consistent result) the MTF50 with a Speedbooster actually produces a higher result
    doesnt that rather take away the 'problem' of having another glass element in there? As a condenser it has that possibility.

for myself I dont mind MF lenses from time to time and Ive had some good success
    being a bit of a fan of Contax lenses it will give me access to fast glass I wouldnt otherwise have
    no AF true, but with the functionality of accurate focus instead

each to their own I guess..
    Riley