Thread: FYI: the M1 named 2013 Best Professional Camera of the year at Immage Resource

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default FYI: the M1 named 2013 Best Professional Camera of the year at Immage Resource

The Olympus M1 has been selected as the 2013 Best Professional Camera of the year at the Image Resource website. The interesting article can be viewed here:
    Top 13 for 2013: The Best Enthusiast and Pro Gear of the Year
    Steven R
    Tampa, Florida

E-330, E-520, E-3

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: FYI: the M1 named 2013 Best Professional Camera of the year at Immage Resource

Best pro camera? That's going to get some knickers in a twist.

Good for Oly, that their "little" cameras are being taken seriously. Little is the new black.

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: FYI: the M1 named 2013 Best Professional Camera of the year at Immage Resource

Quote Originally Posted by rick_d View Post
    best pro camera? That's going to get some knickers in a twist.

Good for oly, that their "little" cameras are being taken seriously. Little is the new black.

Cheers,

rick
    aint that the truth
    Riley

Olympus User, Pro Photographer since 2003

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Interesting. I never put much stock in awards like that. Olympus might advertise more on their site and they felt obligated you never know.
    But the E-M1 is a marvelous camera for what it is. I so wish they would improve the IQ. Rumor is another OMD body is coming out soon with the same sensor as the E-M1 and E-M5. Why?

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    Rumor is another OMD body is coming out soon with the same sensor as the E-M1 and E-M5. Why?
    I think the rumour is the same sensor as the E-M5 and the engine/tru pic of the E-M1.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

What is interesting, is that E-M1 is getting awards all over the place. Olympus is advertising a lot more now, at least in the English photo-magazines, so that might have something to do with it.

But I think it is because it is a really cracking camera.

I think the only other really interesting camera released this year, is the Sony A7/A7R models. I also like the FujiFilm X-E1, Nikon 1 AW1, and Panasonic GX7, but they didn't set anyone on fire ...
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by caurt View Post
    I think the rumour is the same sensor as the E-M5 and the engine/tru pic of the E-M1.
    That's what I have heard. I suspect that it also has improved controls. At least I hope it does.

This will be an interesting model for those who only shoot µ-4/3 lenses; the E-M1 will still be the choice for those who want to use their 4/3 lenses.
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker