Thread: MMF 3 Knock Offs

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Default MMF 3 Knock Offs

What do these cheap copies not have that the Oly MMF3 does have? Is it just the weather sealing? Does auto focus work? I have an MMF3, but it would seem a good idea to have a back up as if the MMF3 should get lost or damaged in some way, I have no way to use the 4/3 lenses on the OMD.....
    "The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost
    _____
    -Ken

Portals

https://www.facebook.com/kenfieldsphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/MauiIslandPortraits

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: MMF 3 Knock Offs

none of the knock offs are produced to as fine tolerances as the Oly, so it's hit and miss as to whether or not a particular copy will perform as well or last as long.
    for a back up they should suffice

Thanks
    Feedback Score

My personal experience has been that the knock-offs don't fit tight and the contacts lose touch which causes the camera screen to go blank which requires you to re-mount the lens. I've tried several and just ended up wasting more money than buying an MMF-3 would have cost me to begin with. I have an MMF-3 now and the rip-offs don't even come close to comparing to it. This is one product where it pays to pay.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snap For This Useful Post:

dh202 (11-15-2014),griffljg (11-17-2014)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snap View Post
    My personal experience has been that the knock-offs don't fit tight and the contacts lose touch which causes the camera screen to go blank which requires you to re-mount the lens. I've tried several and just ended up wasting more money than buying an MMF-3 would have cost me to begin with. I have an MMF-3 now and the rip-offs don't even come close to comparing to it. This is one product where it pays to pay.
    My MMF-2 had the same problem. Switched it for a knock-off which works fine at half the cost.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kenwae View Post
    What do these cheap copies not have that the Oly MMF3 does have? Is it just the weather sealing? Does auto focus work? I have an MMF3, but it would seem a good idea to have a back up as if the MMF3 should get lost or damaged in some way, I have no way to use the 4/3 lenses on the OMD.....
    Consistency and quality.
    I wanted an adapter for each of my FT lenses so that I could handle them the same as I do mFT lenses on the E-M1; I bought two of them. I also have an MMF2 that I use with the 35 Macro (it's not weathersealed anyway).

G