Thread: DXO Tryout

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default DXO Tryout

I'm going down with cabin fever. The E-M1 is AWOL at Olympus because the body rubber peeled off, and C-AF no longer works. All approved under extended warranty, but over a month now and the parts MAY be here from Japan and installed by Xmas! Xmas is our holiday season........
    Anyway, I played with the Panny G5 my wife uses, in the garden with the Oly 40-150 pro fitted. It worked nicely, an under rated camera I think and lens focus was fine. Only problem is, it can barely focus 4/3 lenses, and not at all with an EC14.
    Anyway, using DXO Optix Pro Elite, and for the first time playing with Prime noise reduction and Lens Softness (instead of USM sharpening), I thought the result was very nice after comparing with LR. The Prime setting must be doing a heap of work because the file takes ages to save, but worth it for one-offs.
    Cheers,
    Don

Attachment 49565

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Baldwinson For This Useful Post:

dh202 (11-27-2015)

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: DXO Tryout

Looks good Don.
    After looking at the specs and reviews for the DXO 3 program Pro Elite suite, I think I'm going to take the plunge. Seems like a good deal @ 50% off. I just wonder if they are getting ready for an upgrade since it was released a year ago, and that's why the big discount!?
    Cheers,
    David

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dh202 View Post
    Looks good Don.
    After looking at the specs and reviews for the DXO 3 program Pro Elite suite, I think I'm going to take the plunge. Seems like a good deal @ 50% off. I just wonder if they are getting ready for an upgrade since it was released a year ago, and that's why the big discount!?
    Cheers,
    David
    Hi David. There have been regular updates but I don't know if anything is coming soon.
    It's quite likely the state of the industry at this time, too much product of all sections of photographic supply for a dwindling or slower growth market.
    Don

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Bobby

I got the DXO suite of Optics Pro, Viewpoint, and Filmpack two years ago and so far all my updates to these three have all been free of cost.
    Bobby
    Bobby
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."
    John Lennon
    E-M1, E-P5 (IR converted), 7-14mm F2.8, 12-40mm F2.8, 40-150mm F2.8 w/MC-14, 60mm F2.8 Macro, FL-36R, +Acc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zensu For This Useful Post:

dh202 (11-29-2015)