Thread: Desktop monitor

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Desktop monitor

I have a pretty basic 22" LG LED monitor to do all my Lightroom stuff. I think it's high time I upgraded. Something a little bigger would be good but I'd certainly like something more suited to photography. Any ideas?
    E-M1, 12-40mm PRO, 60mm macro, MMF-3
    E-450, 50-200mm SWD, 25mm f2.8, EC-14
    FL-50R

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Re: Desktop monitor

Consider getting a monitor with an IPS display. Better color rendition than TN displays (which are what the majority of monitors use). Dell makes some nice monitors that are relatively affordable for photography, but there is a multitude of choices available. Here's a great site that explains the differences between panel types, will tell you what kind of panel a specific model has, and also has a tool allowing you to search by size, panel type, etc. and much more - http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Greg For This Useful Post:

BobT (10-28-2016)

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Desktop monitor

IPS is definitely the way to go! I picked up a new HP ZR24w a couple of years ago for just over $200 from a company that bought too many. Calibrated it (i-one) and couldn't be happier. I thought of upgrading to a 27" at one point, but the 24 is sharper, so I stayed with that. If you go 27", be sure to get higher resolution.