Thread: Printing

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Printing

I have started printing again on my aged Epson T50 but the quality is terrible.
    On the previous version of PS I had an Epson menu which asked for the medium I was printing on and the quality, i.e. the speed of the printing process. Now I get a photoshop menu with none of that and the prints are dark, and full of banding.
    i have gone into the printer setup menu on my Mac, but there is no help there.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Guy

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Re: Printing

I don't know anything about the T50, but yesterday I fired up my Epson R800 which I have had since the days of film cameras. I had to run the head cleaning routine several times to get the ink to flow, even then blue is not working and I expect I have to replace the cartridge.
    I use PS, CS3, and I still get all the usual menus about the paper, etc popping up.
    Don't know if this helps.
    Cheers,
    Alec
    Twin E-620/70-300mm/14-42mm/pinhole lens, plus 8mm FE, Tokina AT-X 90mm macro, and Zeiss 500/8 mirror.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thanks Alec
    i ran a nozzle check and cleaned the heads. I also found the menu on paper and print quality but it was 'hidden' in the menu system on creative cloud. So I'm back in business.
    Guy

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Good to hear that the printer cleaned up. My experience is that older printers have a tendency to clog up for good
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by tomsi42 View Post
    Good to hear that the printer cleaned up. My experience is that older printers have a tendency to clog up for good
    Windex! It's just not for arthritis and tennis elbow.

Thought my Pixma pro 9500 was toast after 3 years of inactivity. Removed the print head, soaked in enough Windex to cover the nozzles for 24 hours, wiped clean and then another 24 in distilled water (the real stuff, from the pharmacy) wiped clean an Bob's your aunty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John

-- Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts

Smugmug

Blog