Thread: where did everybody go!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default where did everybody go!

Wow, it's very quiet these days.. I guess I'm not the only one who stopped following Olympus 4/3 so closely once any prospect of a real E-5 upgrade faded away. I come back to admit that with all this awesome glass I'm actually finally considering the micro 4/3 body in desperation and it's like crickets in here! discus..
    All that I share with you is purely my personal perspective based on my own experiences. Feel free to constructively criticize my opinions and my photos, please!
    Rob

E-5/14-35/50-200II/70-300/EC14/EC20/OM100 2.8

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: where did everybody go!

Yeah, things have really died down!

On my part, I recently became a father. So my photographing priorities have changed, I've gone from travel and outdoor sports to basically just portraits, and for that I bought into the Fuji X system. I'll be back to using Olympus when I get out of the house a bit more
    Olympus OM-D EM-5
    12mm f/2.0 - 17mm f/1.8 - 25mm f/1.4 - 60mm f/2.8 macro - 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7
    - FL36R

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well congratulations on daddy-hood!

I can relate, my oldest is now 5 and his little brother is 3. I haven't bought any new equipment since the first baby haha. But that new micro pro body is looking tempting. I must have over 150k clicks on my E-5 already...
    All that I share with you is purely my personal perspective based on my own experiences. Feel free to constructively criticize my opinions and my photos, please!
    Rob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

My guess it that most people have migrated to m4/3 or something else. I have two E-M1 bodies, but for the most part am using all my old 4/3 glass. I still have my e-1, e-3, and e-30, but none of them see much use. The m4/3 forums are very active.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Congratulations Edmunds! My youngest grand child is 4, but I remember the thrill and awe of being a dad very well.
    The em1 is a wonderful camera, but mine came a cropper so I am back to my e5, which is a grand old work horse. The mkii is somewhat expensive if speed is not your thing, but other manufacturers have followed suit so it seems to be the way cameras are trending.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

I have migrated to -4/3 too, but do use my E-30 from time to time.

This site has suited my -4/3 needs, so that is not the reason for me posting so little. I think it has more to do with that forusm are generally in decline and people use Facebook etc instead.
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tomsi42 View Post

This site has suited my -4/3 needs, so that is not the reason for me posting so little. I think it has more to do with that forusm are generally in decline and people use Facebook etc instead.
    So true, phone pics on Facebook are dominating the digital society these days. My quick snaps of the children in trade for what you ate for dinner tonight?
    Last edited by srf4real; 12-13-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Rob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tomsi42 View Post

I agree that Facebook has taken over a lot of the functions that forums used to have. I don't come to this forum much any more because there is so little activity. However, there is a lot of activity on m43 forums. I visit one particular one at least once-per-day, and there is constant activity.

I tried to get used to Facebook's arrangement and even joined a private "Patreon-supported" group that was related to photography, but it drove me crazy in the way there are no categories, lousy searchability, etc. The top-to-bottom streaming of everyone's entries is dreadful, I think, although perhaps as a social interaction it works OK.
    Rich
    Olympus E-M10; Panasonic GM5
    m4/3 lenses: Oly 75-300; Oly 14-42 f3.5-5.6 II R; Oly 17 f1.8; Oly 40-150 f4.0-5.6 R; Oly WCON-P01 adapter; Rokinon f7.5 fisheye; Sigma 19 f2.8; Pan 20 f1.7; Pan 12-35 f2.8; Pan 12-32