Thread: WOW - been away a long time, came back to sell my 150.

Hybrid View

Lower 48 in my 5th wheel during the winter and SE Alaska in the summer
    Thanks
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default WOW - been away a long time, came back to sell my 150.

I can't believe how little activity in the forum - I just came back to list my 150 F-2 for sale in the For Sale section and noticed hardly any activity...is the forum alive or dead??

Anyway it is priced right and in great condition - also going on Ebay....
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

E-5, E-30, E-500, - Oly 150 F-2, Oly 9-18, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, Oly 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

Photo Book - Click Here
    SmugMug Pics - Click Here
    Personal Website - Click Here

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: WOW - been away a long time, came back to sell my 150.

Hi Wigpro

Yes, things are petty quiet here nowadays. I look in now and again. Zippski made a rare appearance a while back.
    I think most have moved away from 4/3.

Lower 48 in my 5th wheel during the winter and SE Alaska in the summer
    Thanks
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Roberts View Post
    Hi Wigpro

Yes, things are petty quiet here nowadays. I look in now and again. Zippski made a rare appearance a while back.
    I think most have moved away from 4/3.
    Hey Guy,

I have not checked in quite a while - but seems many have moved on...I am stuck in 4/3 and still happy with my results so no sense changing to another format - especially since I have a ton of good Oly 4/3 glass. The E-5 suits my shooting for now, so I just keep plugging along, just came back to see if there is any interest in the 150, which is still a premier lens.

Thanks for the reply.
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

E-5, E-30, E-500, - Oly 150 F-2, Oly 9-18, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, Oly 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

Photo Book - Click Here
    SmugMug Pics - Click Here
    Personal Website - Click Here

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've been using my E5 also. Glad you stopped by Wigpro! I do get sad at times knowing that my stellar lenses will never see an upgraded Oly body, the sensors these days are so much more powerful in other manufacturer than what Olympus decided was far enough before leaving us to our niche cameras. I've been tempted to sell my 14-35/2.0 and buy into the 4/3 bodies but then what would I have to settle for in glass? LOL good luck with your shooting and nice to hear from you again. Back into the shadows.....
    All that I share with you is purely my personal perspective based on my own experiences. Feel free to constructively criticize my opinions and my photos, please!
    Rob

E-5/14-35/50-200II/70-300/EC14/EC20/OM100 2.8

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I had a brief interlude with an em1 which I bought second hand, but it came a cropper when it got blown off a cliff.
    I have to say that it was a lovely camera, and I liked the compactness of it all. To make sense of the m4/3 system though, you need to have the m4/3 lenses, especially with something like the 7-14, and this would have made my 4/3 gear redundant.
    I was tempted to go the Sony route, but I can't justify the expense, and to be honest the results I get with the e5 are absolutely fine for my needs.
    It would be nice to have a 20mp e7 though .