Thread: Mastering the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Mastering the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

The E-M1 Mark II is a complicated camera. It’s many configurable buttons and some configurable menus make it especially challenging. I really didn’t realize for several weeks after I got the camera that some of its menus were configurable. People would talk on one of the forums about setting a menu option and I would look it up on my cameras menu and not be able to find it. That was because I hadn’t configured the menu to offer me the option I was looking for. So, how to learn about all this stuff I was missing? I took the free and obvious first step of going to the Olympus web site and downloading the camera manual. It’s useful, and I recommend it. However, the typical Olympus translation to English always leaves something to be desired, and while it outlined all the camera settings, it usually didn’t explain what they did or how they worked. I still needed more information. I finally found it in a book called Mastering the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II by Darrell Young. It’s available in Kindle format and hard copy. I’d recommend the hard copy because you’ll be using it as a reference work and flipping back and forth through it and that isn’t convenient with a Kindle. It’s also quite expensive. I have no connection to the author or to any location retailing that book. Just thought you should be aware that there is a book available that really does explain this complicated camera.

Just as an aside, did you know that while working in the menu system of the camera, pressing the INFO button on the back of the camera will bring up a little help screen providing more information on the menu choice you’ve currently hilighted?
    Last edited by E B; 07-28-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

2. The Following User Says Thank You to E B For This Useful Post:

Steven R (08-05-2019)