Thread: Considering Selling

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Considering Selling

Hi there! It's been ages since I've been here on the four/thirds photo forum. I have been shooting with the E500 & E520 for many years, but am downsizing to something less cumbersome and heavy to travel with. As I've aged, I just can't lug the big backpack (Lowepro sling) with two bodies, four lenses and all of the accessories.

I'm not sure if trying to sell here on the forum in the BuySell page is the thing to do, try to go to eBay or maybe a private listing/sale through Facebook or NextDoor.

Thoughts . . . suggestions . . . your experience?

Thanks much
    TS Von

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Considering Selling

I personally sell stuff either on ebay, or locally for cash, so I don't have to deal with shipping.

In FB groups and such places, I find very little actually sells. Prices have to be really low to entice people.

Also, I'd think about whether or not its worth selling at all. 4/3 gear is extremely cheap. An E500 would get you about $30-$40, and an E-520 might get you $100, depending on condition. Lenses generally speaking hold value better, depending on what you have.
    Olympus E-M1 Mk II
    7.5mm f/2.0 - 17mm f/1.2 - 56mm f/1.4 - 9-18mm - 14-150mm II

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Edmunds For This Useful Post:

TimeshareVon (12-15-2019)

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Considering Selling

Quote Originally Posted by Edmunds View Post
    I personally sell stuff either on ebay, or locally for cash, so I don't have to deal with shipping.

In FB groups and such places, I find very little actually sells. Prices have to be really low to entice people.

Also, I'd think about whether or not its worth selling at all. 4/3 gear is extremely cheap. An E500 would get you about $30-$40, and an E-520 might get you $100, depending on condition. Lenses generally speaking hold value better, depending on what you have.
    Thanks! I know from looking at eBay prices are very low, especially for this older equipment. Everything I have has been well taken care of and in very good condition. I was hoping to get maybe $400-$500 for everything I have . . . enough to cover the new Nikon P900 I bought last week.

My two LowePro camera bags are probably worth more than the camera bodies. LOL

I appreciate your feedback!
    TS Von